Wednesday 30 January 2013

Well I finally finished!!!!
Cant remember where I got to on my last blog but have been busy.  Zotero and Mendeley not happy on the works computer or in fact my own.  I am swapping from a desktop to laptop (get me!!!) and from Windows Vista to Windows 8 -big difference so this is one I will carry on with.
I love adding things to my favourite's especially as now on an up to date browser and it adds onto a tool bar instead of into a drop down list.
Wasn't happy with delicious - opened an account but didnt like the discover page - what a load of rubbish!!!
Use # tags on my twitter account
Loved Netvibes!!!! opened a Netvibes account and will definitely speak to my Librarian about using it in the future instead of subject guides adding it to our resources.
As i said before I cant say it was the easiest thing I have ever done but it has opened up my eyes to what is available in fact I now know more that my daughter and nephew!!
I can see that there is a place for some (not all) of this info in the library workplace, maybe not  right now but   as we are moving further into the 21st Century it has to happen.
Thanks for the opportunity to learn - I might even try some more!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dippyloo and congratulations on completing the course, despite some frustration along the way!
    Please could you supply me with your email address so I can send your certificate. My email address is laura.wilkes@wsh.nhs.uk

    ReplyDelete